Gout Foods to Avoid List to Avoid Stay Healthy
Most people assume that as long as they don’t eat junk, they are adhering to a healthy diet and yet, this is far from the case. This is especially true when it comes to people who have gout for the simple reason they need to adhere to a strict diet plan.
As a matter of fact, this is considered imperative as it aids in alleviating pain. However, with the variety of food diets in the market, it is almost impossible to know which gout foods to avoid list and stay healthy. More importantly, the gout foods to avoid list are those that aid in increasing the level of uric acid.
Gout Foods to Avoid List
For starters, among the gout foods to avoid list are rich in purines. This is because they are known to cause an approximate 50% level of uric acid. In this case, some of the foods that are known to contribute to this state of things include the following.
• Red meats-This includes beef, lamb, pork and poultry
• Certain fishes such as sardines, herring, mackerel and anchovies.
• Some sea foods such as sushi, crabs and oysters.
• Gout foods to avoid list also include organs-This can range from kidney, meat gravies, meat extracts, fish roe, tongue and brains among others.
• Vegetables-While vegetables are considered ideal for improving general health, it is ideal to note that there are some that fall in the category of gout foods to avoid list. These include vegetables such as beans, lentils, spinach, dairy products with high fats and peas. This is attributed to the fact that they also contain certain levels of purines.
• Among the gout foods to avoid list is also fried foods. This is because greasy food should not be tolerated in the diet of someone suffering from gout.
• Simple carbohydrates should also be part of the gout foods to avoid list since they are only known to aggravate the situation.
• Also, among the gout foods to avoid list you will find some beverages such as coffee, cocoa, chocolate and even tea. Yet these are considered to ne part of day to day diet and people keep on ignoring the fact that it can worsen cases of gout.
Now that you clearly understand some of the foods that need to be on the gout foods to avoid list, there are a couple of food items that need to be highlighted clearly so that you won’t forget.
• Red meat
• Game meat
• Offal food
• Mushrooms, sweetbreads
• Scallops and shrimps
• Game meats
• Fish roe
At this point, it is important to state that while knowing the gout foods to avoid list it is important to tread carefully when buying the same. If the appropriate diet is not adhered to, it can only serve to aggravate the situation. For this reason, it is considered important to understand the gout foods to avoid list before making your purchase.